6.19.2008

A good resource

For a more intellectual internet, generally, visit:

Very Short List (VSL) www.veryshortlist.com

One of the better email-lists on the internet, highlighting one interesting piece of the web each day.

Of course, that raises a question of identity... how does one have a piece of a web... where does a part of a web end... how interesting.

Anywho, I was reminded to post about VSL by their excellent re-direct today, to art of the title.

When I was young, my parents used to like to fast forward through titles to save time. Even then, I understood that the emotional set-up of the title, if done right, could be very important.

For an interesting, and less competitive film career, you could become a titles designer.

Interesting title sequences I didn't see listed:
One Hour Photo
Seven
Fight Club
And others I don't really want to take the time to remember.

No comments: